22 January 2011

First Resin Ring

It’s uber wet, might post another pic once it actually dries. But he’s a pic of my first attempt at a resin ring. Didn’t want to try my art first because well I’m too lazy to try to size it, would have to have Brian print it at work since we only have a black ink printer, etc.

Kinda hard to make out the colors while it’s wet and in this lighting… But the middle part is a blue crystal button and on the bottom and top where it’s still blurry are orange crystal tiny flower shapes.

1 comments:

DelusionalAngel said...

Pasting comments from original host since import didn't work --

Jenn
January 23rd, 2011 - 9:33 am
What are the gears and stuff from? This is beautiful!!!

DelusionalAngel
January 23rd, 2011 - 8:03 pm
Thankie dear.

The gears are from https://shop.rings-things.com/cart/pc/Decorative-Watch-Parts-c3359.htm
If you buy that small tin you get the smaller parts like this. If you buy the larger one you still get those buy you get mostly watch faces and the bigger inner parts of watches so you could tear them apart for those parts or use them as is.

Some other places sell watch parts in bulk too like firemountain gems or try ebay. But most won’t guarantee they meet CA’s tough lead laws so won’t send to our addys. Rings n Things ones DO.

Peggy
January 23rd, 2011 - 11:25 pm
IT IS GORGEOUS!

DelusionalAngel
January 23rd, 2011 - 11:28 pm

starlightsangel
January 24th, 2011 - 12:00 pm
It’s absolutely lovely! I’m a complete Steampunk fan tho’ so this calls to me heh

DelusionalAngel
January 24th, 2011 - 12:03 pm
Ha, yeah my mom had wanted a book on steampunk jewelry awhile ago and I thought hmm gears and stuff in jewelry sounds cool! Not sure how “true” to the craft I’d be but who cares, I’ll buy me some gears and watch parts and see what happens anyway

DelusionalAngel.com Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang